Monday, May 18, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 05/18/09: Geek Squad Returns, Thai-Hop, Bloated Major League HItters

1. The Deke looked to the one man Geek squad (me) again today to back up her computer files on CDs. I was happy to do it, glad to do what little I can to help, despite the fact that it was tedious.

2. In Eugene, we can get some pretty good food from Thailand at a joint that used to be a IHOP. I got some carry out there tonight. I love calling that place Thai-Hop. (That nickname did not originate with me.)

3. Adam, a Facebook friend via the Troxstar, out in Mass., and I have been trying to think of former bloated sluggers the Red Sox might hire to DH for the slumping David Ortiz....Boog Powell, George Scott, Mo Vaughn, Moose Skowron, Cecil Fielder, Gorman Thomas, Ron Blomberg, Andre Thornton, Steve Balboni, Willie Horton, Rob Deer.....so many fat sluggers, so little willingness to sign 'em up.

1 comment:

myrtle beached whale said...

Great list. I would also include Dmitri Young, John Kruk, Prince Fielder (2nd generation porker), and Kirby Pucket. And you left off the all-time great fat boy Babe Ruth.
Andruw Jones came into the league 6'1" 170 and now is listed at 240, but I have heard estimates near 270. He can no longer play the outfield where he was once the best in baseball.