Thursday, May 7, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 05/07/09: Dr. Boredom, Bratty Kidney Sis, Yokisoba Pleasure

1. A remarkably boring, uneventful, undramatic, routine visit to the doctor today. C-diff is clearing up, lungs sound better, blood pressure is good: I don't see the doc for four weeks.



2. Nurse Michelle put the blood pressure wrap above my elbow and blurted out that she was having a bad hair day and that she'd have to put it up later and that she needed a haircut and started to apologize for giving me too much information and I told her it was okay because when I got ready to come to the clinic today my hair was sticking straight up to the ceiling and it was all I could do to get it matted down to meet my appointment and that I needed a haircut, too. About twenty minutes later after I'd seen the doctor, Michelle told me she her sister had needed a kidney transplant and she gave her sister a kidney and when I asked her how her sister was doing she said, "Bratty as ever. She's always been a brat. A new kidney didn't change that!" I might love Michelle.

3. I had a delicious plate of vegetable pot stickers followed by a plate of Yokisoba noodles generously piled high and covered with vegetables, tofu, and thin slices of pork at Yi Shen's. I wanted to eat at their new location on W. 11th. I'm very glad I did.

1 comment:

Loren said...

Ya gotta love family, don't ya?