Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sibling Assignment #98: Old, Used Up, and Ready to Be Restored

I gave sibling assignment #98:

1. Go out and take a picture of a subject you do not remember having photographed since we started doing our blogs and using digital cameras.
2. Try to align this photograph with your mood at the time you are taking the picture.
3. Write about the subject of the photograph and how the subject and the way you shot it reflect your mood/feelings at the time you took the picture.
InlandEmpireGirl focused on contentment, here and Silver Valley Girl focused on thankfulness, here.

I'm sure glad my sisters are thankful and content, because they really help balance it out when my spirit and outlook is on the darker side.

I've been sick for two months and I feel like the current condition of the paint job on our house: chipped, exposed, scraped, old, ugly, and in need of restoration.

Fixing the house is easy. We've hired a painter and he'll make it look better and provide protection for the house's siding and trim and doors.

I'm hoping I'll soon feel less chipped and old. I'd love to feel restored and healthy again, but for the time being, I feel like an old paint job, that looked pretty good for a while, but has fallen into disrepair.

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

Well... I guess now we can start trying to figure out what color to paint you to get rid of the chipped,scraped, old, and ugly sickness self.
How about Peppy Pepto Bismo Pink?
or maybe Warm Glow of Blush Peach?
I have a feeling any shades of gray, brown,or green are probably out.