Monday, May 7, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 07/07/07: Grace, Relief, Lilacs

1. I've seen my former student Grace twice before today in 2007. Both times, seeing her made my 3BT's for that day. Today, she was on a walk and happened by our house just as I was arriving home from grocery shopping. Once again, talking about her studies at the U of O and telling her about the time I had a gun drawn on me by a Eugene SWAT team* near where she lives, and telling her what I thought about the current budgetary difficulties at Lane Community College, made for a beautiful passage in my day. She's a remarkable person.

2. Getting things done: money deposited, bills paid, caught up on paper grading, prepared for tomorrow.

3. InlandEmpireGirl's meditation on lilacs. Her lovely words made me feel a sweet ache to be back home where lilacs thrive.

*One day I'll tell this story: harmless Raymond Pert and his harmless good friend are misidentified as armed robbers.

2 comments:

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

I look forward to hearing the Eugene SWAT team story again. I remember you sharing that with me on one of my visits to Eugene. Who new my brother had that "Armed robber" look about him?

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

Can't wait to hear about your stint as an armed robber - - NOT! Don't want to start any rumours!

I see you succumed to the Classmates site. They drive me crazy with their incessant emails, but I have been able to contact a few individuals since I joined - so I take the good with the irritable!