Saturday, May 12, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 05/11/07: Blood Draw, Confidence, Acrobat

1. When I was younger, and if I had to produce a urine sample, I got all nervous, and couldn't produce. That's not true any more. Today I had my blood drawn and produced a urine sample on the spot. It was beautiful!

2. Jan has been struggling with migraine headaches and is behind in her research work and we had a conference today and her headaches are better and she left my office confident that she had direction in her work and could do it.

3. My 30-day trial version of Adobe Acrobat 8 arrived and I spent time today figuring out this and and that and learning what I can do and wondering if the things I can't do I just need to figure out.

4 comments:

Mommy Dearest said...

I have always had a hard time with urine samples. My mom advised me years ago to turn on the water in the sink and let it run. For some reason, that always works.

myrtle beached whale said...

A beautiful urine sample? You should have taken a photo. Was it the clarity? aroma? was there a note of citrus? Fruity yet subtle? Of course, knowing where you grew up their could have been an underlying note of lead.

raymond pert said...

Mommy Dearest: How coincidental. If I had had trouble performing, I was going to do that very thing...run the water in the sink..or let warm water run over my hand..that seems to work, also.

MBW: You forgot the hint of oak and the underlying, but assertive touch of cinammon which nicely complimented the sometimes overbearing aggressiveness of salt in the sample.

This sample was more cloudy than clear, tottering on the edge of a thunderstorm or at least a downpour. It leapt so eagerly into the sample jar, that I fear some of the quieter whispers of magnesium, zinc, and cadmium might have been ruthlessly crushed, but, yes, the strong presence of lead and zinc could not be affected, even by my clumsy eagerness to gush the urine into the receptacle.

myrtle beached whale said...

When I worked at the Smelter, we had to leave routine samples for heavy metal analysis. It became obvious that no one really analyzed our pee because we would sometimes drop bits of lead shavings into the sample.